View Open Employment Opportunities
We hire and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or physical or mental disability unrelated to the job in question.
All applicants for employment consideration must submit a completed and signed District employment application by the posted deadline. Any supplemental forms referenced in the job posting must also be received with the application. You may include a resume with the employment application. Resumes only will not be accepted.
Applications received after the closing date may not be considered. Current employees who wish to be considered for promotional opportunities available through postings must complete and submit a signed employment application along with any supplemental forms. Applications cannot be submitted electronically.
Please click HERE for the District's Recruitment, Appointment and Promotional Procedures.
NOTE: You must submit a separate application for each position you are interested in. Applications and current job postings may also be obtained at the District Administration office at:
Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District
1605 E. Burnley Street
Camarillo, CA 93010
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
NOTE: Please follow the instructions in the announcement when applying for any positions.
In order to be considered for employment at the Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District, the following steps are necessary:
- Fill out an employment application, completely and accurately.
- Pass the initial screening for all applicants.
- After the screening process, the applicant will be interviewed by District staff or an outside panel of professionals. A follow-up interview may take place depending on the position and score in the first interview.
- For candidates applying for full-time positions, business and personal references will be checked prior to the final interview. It is the option of the hiring supervisor to check the references of those candidates applying for part-time positions.
- Prior to start of employment, the successful candidate must pass a Department of Justice fingerprint scan, employment and reference checks, screening for alcohol, drug and tuberculosis, and may be required to complete a physical. This will be done at a medical center.
- After the pre-hire process and all tests have been completed and passed, the applicant will be ready to begin employment with the District.