Swim Lesson Schedule
The Pleasant Valley Aquatic Center offers year-round lessons. A variety of lessons are offered from parent/child classes, toddlers, youth, adult and private lessons. Our group swim lessons are small in size, generally ranging from 3-7 students per class.
Summer Registration now open Online.
Click Here to view our Winter 2017 Aquatic Classes.
- Classes fill quickly. Register now or call our District Office at 805-482-1996 ext 10, 11, 12 or 13.
7 Helpful tips to make your swim lesson more enjoyable!
- Arrive on time – The first day of lessons is usually a big day for your child, please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of your class.
- No eating or drinking - Please do not allow your child to eat or drink at least 30 minutes prior to swimming.
- Accidents happen - Please ensure your child uses the restroom a few minutes prior to class. Fecal accidents will result in a pool closure.
- Keep us healthy - If your child has been sick with diarrhea or vomiting within 72 hours please refrain from bringing them to class. Fecal accidents will result in a pool closure.
- We like clean kids – Please shower with warm soapy water prior to swimming, removing all lotions, shampoo, conditioner, etc. The pool facility provides warm showers and soap for your convenience.
- Keep your skin healthy – Please shower after your swim in the pool. Though you will smell good and feel clean, chlorine can be drying to some skin types. We recommend you shower with warm soapy water and moisturize after your swim.
- Secure your child’s bottom – Yep, that’s right, poop in the pool = pool closure. Therefore, all children enrolled in the parent/child classes must wear a swim diaper plus a plastic or vinyl swim brief over the swimming diaper. If you are unsure of your child’s bathroom schedule, please be safe and use the necessary precautions so we don’t experience a pool closure. The swim brief must have full elastic around the waist and legs. A re-useable swim brief can be purchased at the aquatic center for $10.
Enjoy your swim!