Nature Center / Outdoor Education
Outdoor Education: We are proud to offer outdoor education programs to help residents get in touch with their natural environment! The programs are aimed at teaching our community about their natural habitat including native plants and animals and the many benefits they provide us.
Nature Center: The outdoor Nature Center is the hub for our Outdoor Education programs. The site is located at Camarillo Grove Park, 6968 E. Camarillo Springs Road (101 Freeway Exit - Camarillo Spring Rd.) Map The Nature Center features:
- Learn about local ecosystems, plants, and animals with 26 Braille plate interpretive signs
- Climb on ant hill, log and boulder-shaped playground equipment
- Experience how water interacts with gravity and barriers in a water table
- Hiking trails feature old growth, natural, local vegetation
- Picnic facilities available for rent for groups 15 to 300
- Only nature-based park in Camarillo
- Perfect location for a school field trip, private parties and events
Download these brochures with more information about the Nature Center and Camarillo Grove Park!
Nature Classes & Hikes - Going on Now!
There is no better classroom than the outdoors! Our Nature Center and outdoor classes provide students of all ages meaningful outdoor experiences where they can make observations, collect data, compare and classify samples, and draw conclusions about their natural environment.
View Fall 2017 Outdoor Education Classes
|Upcoming Classes, Hikes & Events |
Winter events to be announced soon! Check back later :)
Custom Group Activity Requests Possible: If your school or organization would like to rent the Nature Center for a special event or arrange for a custom field trip, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.