Renovated Kitchen is Finished!
The kitchen attached to the auditorium in the Community Center has undergone a complete renovation! Check out our current Activity Guide for instructional classes being held in this newly renovated space.
The Community Center was built in 1969 that included an administration office, five classrooms, a kitchen and an auditorium. Very few improvements were made to kitchen since the original build. By 2020, multiple features of the kitchen were non-compliant or inoperable and the layout was not functional for instructional purposes. With these challenges in mind, the District Board of Directors identified the necessary renovation of Community Center Kitchen in the 2020-2021 Capital budget planning process. $250,000 was allocated from Quimby Fees for the project.
- Lauterbach & Associates Architects was selected to design a new layout at the October 2020 Board meeting.
- After the new design was approved by the Board, a request for construction bids were publicizied in July of 2021 with an ultimate bid award going to Burner Construction Corporation at the September 1, 2021 Board meeting.
- Construction began in September 2021 and was completed in May 2022.
- A new oven with a 6' Cooktop with a griddle
- A new, energy efficient icemaker
- Floor tiles were replaced with a smooth surface flooring system
- The wall between Room 1 and the kitchen was removed to allow access between the kitchen and the room for teaching instruction.