Learn How to Become a Contract Instructor!
Pleasant Valley Recreation & Park District is always looking for new and exciting classes to offer. If you have a new, unique and fun idea for a class, you have come to the right place. Listed below are the steps for submitting your proposal to teach a class in the next available session.
When you are proposing a class to the District you must submit the following by email, postal mail or in-person. Class proposals can be submitted at any time. If you are interested in a session, please see the due dates below.
Class ProposalDownload Class Proposal form
Winter/Spring (January-April) - Proposal Due August 1st
Spring/Summer (May-August) – Proposal Due December 1st
Fall (September- December) – Proposal Due May 19th
Proposal Review & Approval
Once you have submitted your proposal to staff, they will take the opportunity to review the proposal and contact your references. We will then contact you regarding your approval status. After approval, we will schedule a meeting to finalize your classes and review the Contract Instructor Manual and complete all appropriate paperwork to initiate your contract.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certificate for Infant/Child/Adult all instructors (discount if class is taken at PVRPD), has to be renewed every 2 years
- Proof of a clear TB test, renew every 4 years
- Mandated Reporter Certification, every 2 years
- Live Scan Fingerprinting for all instructors. The following link will show you places in your area and the cost of their rolling fee for Live Scans https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/locations?county=Ventura
- Contract – 65/35 split
- Certificate of LIability Insurance and Endorsement Form
- Name Badge for all instructors
- Emergency Contact Sheet
Independent Contractor Wages
Contract Instructors are Independent Contractors. Instructors are offered a percentage of the fees associated with the class that they are scheduled to teach.
Classes will work on a 65/35 contract. The Instructor will receive 65% of the primary fees (not including any Administrative or Out-of-District fees) and the District will retain 35% for maintenance, publicity, and any other cost incurred by the class.
All fees (except material/supply fees) are collected by the District and the Instructor is pain upon completion of the class. Once your class has finished, Instructors will be asked to submit a Contract Instructor Service Invoice along with signed class waivers for payment.
Approved Contract Instructor Paperwork2023 Contract Instructor HandbookService InvoiceWaiverAccident ReportIncident Report
Lanny Binney, Recreation Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org