TEMPORARY PARK CLOSURE: July 26, 2021 – May 1, 2022
Thank you for your patience while we work to improve your park experience!
• The District recognized that improvements needing to be made to Arneill Ranch Park were extensive and this park site was eligible for Proposition 68 grant funding.
• Taking care to involve our community in this project, four community meetings were held to gather input from residents on what they would like to see in renovations for this park.
• The District applied for Prop 68 grant funding ($4M), to help with the considerable expenses for the numerous renovations that were desired for this park, but unfortunately, did not receive it.
• At the July 7, 2021 board meeting, our board of directors, voted to proceed, After careful consideration of what funds could be budgeted for this project, and what improvements could be made; a total of $1.57 million has been approved to upgrade this park for Phase I.
• Relying on District funds, upgrades for this park had to be separated into phases, to be addressed as funds and resources allow.
• Phase 1 is the start of what the District hopes to be able to complete for this park’s upgrades. This covers the most foundational tasks, which must be completed before others can begin (for example, underground utility work and irrigation must be done before the restroom, playground structures, etc. can be updated). Future phases will be planned, and information shared, as resources become available.
The first phase of renovation currently underway at Arneill Ranch Park includes:
- Improvement of underground electrical wiring
- Installation of a new irrigation system
- Removal of turf on the outside of the walking track to make way for installation of drought tolerant plants and mulch beds
- Turf maintenance of the central grassy area with hydroseeding
- Regrading of the walking track with additional decomposed granite
- Installation of meandering paths around the edge of the park
For questions, please contact our Park Office at (805) 482-5396.Renovation Project OverviewConstruction Illustrations
Click the image below to view the details of Phase 1 renovation.
Nestled in the Arneill Ranch community, this neighborhood park is great for the athlete in all of us. Established in 1980, it's features include a walking track, fitness stations, restroom facilities, a play structure, and picnic tables.
- Playground Equipment
- Running Track
- Fitness Equipment
- Picnic Tables
- Open Grassy Area
- Shady Trees
- Trash Cans