Pilot Program at Bob Kildee Community Park
The Pickleball Pilot Program allows the District to evaluate facility usage to better understand community tennis and pickleball needs and develop plans to meet these needs.
Pickleball Pilot Program Prime-Time Hours
8:00-12:00 p.m. & 5:00-9:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Saturday
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Sunday
Court Hours: 7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Daily
These rules apply to all Pickleball Courts #1-6 during Prime-Time hours
- Tennis and pickleball players shall use the appropriate dedicated courts prior to using multi-use courts (tennis/pickleball) when vacant.
- First come, first served unless reserved in accordance with District Ordinances & Policies
- Pickleball play is on a rotational basis (4 players on - 4 players off) when all courts are in use and players are waiting.
- The next waiting group will take the first available court. All players must be present when their court becomes available.Groups must be 2 (singles) or 4 (doubles) players. All players must be present when their court becomes available.Groups of 3 must immediately obtain a 4th player or relinquish the open court to the next group; however, they may continue to hold their place on the Paddle Organizer while searching for a 4th player. Single players are encouraged to play with first availabile players and cannot hold a position for friends already on the courts. Players wanting to play singles must have pladdles in the organizer for next court available.
- Players waiting for a court will place their paddle in the paddle organizer. (“Next” is from left to right)All players must fully vacate the court at the end of a game. No new game can start without checking the paddle organizer for waiting players.Players finishing a game must place their paddles in the paddle organizer if they wish to play again. A player may not be on a court playing, while also having a paddle in any waiting rotation.
- Amplified sound is prohibited on the courts. If players want to listen to music while they play, they must use ear buds or headphones so as not to disturb other players.
- Non-Prime-Time Hours. When others are waiting to use a pickleball court, play shall end on the hour (1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm etc.)
- Follow USAPA rules of conduct etiquette.
Tennis court #3 at Springville Park is now a dual use pickleball/tennis court!
Pitts Ranch Park
Tennis court #2 at Pitts Ranch Park is now a dual use pickleball/tennis court!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this Pickleball Pilot Program, please contact: Jessica A. Puckett, CPRP, Administrative Analyst, at email@example.com or 805-482-1996 x 303