Sports fields are available for permitted sports only. The gym is CLOSED to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Updates >
The Freedom Park Sports Complex is located at 275 E. Pleasant Valley Road near the Camarillo Airport and features a variety of sports ammenities.
Whether you want to race or simply want to ride, Freedom Park BMX Raceway provides great BMX riding and racing opportunities for participants of all ages and abilities.
- Please call for the current track schedule (805) 824-7854.
- Make sure your bike is in good working condition before visiting the track.
- Wear long-sleeve shirt, long pants, enclosed shoes and an approved bicycle helmet.
- Any bicycle - including mountain bikes - is permitted on the track.
- For more information visit www.freedomparkbmx.com.
Remote Control Track
Established in 1974, the Roadrunners R/C Club has been bringing Remote Control racing to the Ventura County community. Our facility is a landmark in the Remote Control world, and has hosted many sanctioned State and National events for NORCCA (National Organization for Racing Radio-Controlled Autos) and ROAR (Remotely Operated Auto Racers).
Most of the world's fastest racers in the R/C industry have raced here. Featuring on-road, off-road, and paved oval racing the Roadrunners R/C Club facility has something for everyone. Our dedicated club members volunteer their time and efforts to provide a great place to race. This is a public facility during the week; however the Roadrunners R/C Club moderates and maintains the facility under our discretion governed by an agreement with the Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District.
Are you curious about Remote Control racing? Come on out to the track and check it out! If you have an RC car (no matter what it is) bring it and try it out. If you don't have a car, come out anyway and we'll get you on the track one way or the other. For details visit: www.roadrunnersrc.com.
- Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District opened the Freedom Park Baseball Complex in February 2013. The Freedom Park Baseball Complex features lighted baseball fields - 6 youth and 1 adult.
- This complex features an adult-baseball-size field available for rent.
- This complex is mainly used by Camarillo PONY Baseball Association.
- This baseball complex is closed for rest and turf renovation for approximately 4-5 weeks every August. Call 482-1996 or check back for closure periods.
Inline Hockey Arena
The Freedom Park Inline Hockey Arena is available to rent for your party, practice or event. Please contact (805) 482-1996 x 108 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freedom Gymnasium is located at 224 Willis Road near the Camarillo Airport.
- The gym hosts District programs such as Table Tennis for seniors, Open Play Basketball for ages 50+, Open Play Pickleball and Open Play Badminton for all ages.
- For more information on these programs visit our Open Play web page
- Freedom Gym has a bench on both sides of the gym for spectators. There are men’s and women’s restrooms located beyond the south wall.
- The gym may be reserved by contacting the District Office at 805-482-1996.
- Hourly rates, an administrative fee, cleaning fee and if necessary an alcohol insurance fee may be included.
Bob Kildee Community Park
Bob Kildee Community Park is located at 1030 Temple Avenue in the heart of Camarillo.
- 12.95 acres of park space.
- The park was built in 1969 and renamed Bob Kildee Park in 2011.
- Eight youth baseball fields, with three lighted fields and a snack bar.
- Indoor aquatic center located in the park area.
- Three dedicated tennis courts and four dedicated pickleball courts with one multi-use tennis/two pickleball courts and lights on all courts.
- 12,000 square foot skate park.
- Modern playground.
- Two restrooms, picnic area that holds up to 200 people and smaller picnic area for 25 people
Mission Oaks Park
Mission Oaks Park is located at 5501 Mission Oaks Boulevard on the east end of Camarillo.
- 20.2 acres of park space.
- Built in 1983 and redeveloped in 1996.
- Three fenced and lighted softball fields with a snack bar.
- Six tennis courts with lights.
- Modern playground and 3 medium picnic areas holding 60 people in each area.
- An open space dog park during non-school hours.
Pleasant Valley Fields
Pleasant Valley Fields is located 152 West Park Court off the 101 Freeway in Camarillo.
- 55 acres of park space.
- Opened in 2010
- Multiple soccer field space with four light zones that light up six soccer fields and a snack bar. Three softball fields with lights and no fences.
- Meeting Room that holds up to 50 people.
- Modern playground.
- This soccer complex is closed for rest and turf renovation for approximately 4-5 weeks every spring, summer and winter. Call 482-1996 or check field conditions for closure periods.